4/03/2014

The Liebster Award... OMG I got nominated!!!


This got me by surprised really! A fellow blogger, Nessa posted a comment on my last blog post, I didn't read it properly until today when I finally got the chance to check on my blog. I couldn't believe she nominated me for Liebster Award! Thank you so much :D

So what is Liebster Award?
By checking out Nessa's Blog : I Write About You , you'll find the description of this award. I browsed on the Google and stumbled on this blog : Wording Well and she wrote down further information regarding Liebster Award.


I quote it from these two blogs:
  1. The Liebster Award is given by fellow bloggers to new blogs with smaller followings (considerably less than 200 followers) but huge potential; it is a great way to find new blogs as well as support one another.
  2. This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
  3. It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
  4. It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
  5. It can be misconstrued, depending upon your personal views, as either something wonderful (who doesn’t like awards?) or as an annoyance (a chain letter that involves work).
  6. The choice lies within each of us to ACCEPT it, and continue PAYING IT FORWARD or to refuse to accept it, thereby STOPPING or INTERRUPTING the chain. However, if you stop the chain, you are only hurting yourself (keep reading for benefits you will have)!
  7. Personal views play an important part in our choice to participate. Some people have refused to accept it and have made attempts to “break the chain”. There have been many people who have been nominated, yet refused to accept it, and now their blogs have been abandoned.
  8. Variations have been made over time to the “rules”.
  9. Marketing plays a role in accepting this award, as other bloggers are promoted. (This is not a bad thing, however, since people should help others!)
  10. Other awards are a part of the whole “meme“. These include “One Lovely Blog Award”, the “Sunshine Blog Award” and the “Versatile Writer Award”.

About the rules Nessa wrote :

"the rules of the award are as follows:
mention the person who nominated you with a link to their blog
answer the eleven questions the asked
nominate eleven other bloggers with a smaller following but a lot of potential
create eleven of your own questions for them to answer
notify your nominees"

When I checked on Wording Well, here's the official rules:

" If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:

1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) 
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself. 
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)"

What I have fulfilled so far?
I have done rule no.1 and no.2, now I will answer the questions from Nessa 
Here are my questions for you lovely bloggers:
1. What is your must have accessory that you cannot leave your home without?
     My must have accessory is my wallet! My ID's are all there lol! (yes, I can leave my home without  my cellphone lol)

2. Any siblings? Introduce them with some pictures please!
   This is our photo. My first brother is on the far right, Rona(39), 2nd brother Roni(36), my one and only sister in the front left Reni(34), and me on the far left. The one in the middle is my 2nd brother's wife Astrid.


3. Favourite season?
Well we only have a dry season (June to October) and a rainy season (November to March), since I'm a water element so I prefer rainy season. I have been attracted to rain since I was a child. But if I were in 4 season country, I would pick fall or winter!

4. If you could visit/travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would travel to: 
Papua (sadly as an Indonesian I never stepped a foot in this beautiful island), 
Mecca (this is the place I will always miss), 
Santorini (who wouldn't??? Those beautiful scenery...), 
Seoul and Jeju Island in South Korea (So Ji Sub oppa wait for me!), 
North Korea (I have been dying to know what this place looks like), 
China (The Great Wall, Forbidden City, The Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon really!!), 
Paris (Bonjour! je m'appelle Patricia!), and Egypt (to solve the pyramid mystery!)
A way to sum up: travel the globe


5. Must have summer wardrobe item?
cotton shirt!


6. Best day of your life thus far?
My best day(s) of my life thus far are every time I get to gather with my family. We've been living far from each other due to work.

7. Do you have any pets? If so, introduce them with some picture. If not, would you like a pet?
My pet was a cat, I had it when I was 7 or 8 years old if I'm not mistaken. We took it along when we moved from South Sumatra to Bali by road travel. Sadly it was lost in the new place maybe because it didn't recognise the place. I cried myself for days every night before I sleep. That cat was my first cat and surely the last, because since then I never could pet any cat nor any other animals. Experiencing the lost left a scar on my heart.

8. What is your favorite weekend activity?
I actually prefer some outdoor activity such as swimming, traveling to a nearby city, or exploring new restaurants!

9. Can you speak another language?
My mother language : Bahasa Indonesia of course. Well I took some Mandarin class back in childhood and then in my university year, I've learn a bit of Korean Language with some Hangul and understood some of it. I don't know if that counts :)

10. What is currently your favourite song?
Tori Amos - A Sorta Fairy Tale


11. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging to practice my written language, my writing, and to share my perspective to the world (that's where the name derived). That's pretty much to sum it up

Ok, now here's my nomination (drumroll....!)

My questions for my nominees will be:
1. What/who inspired you to start blogging?
2. If you're stranded on a deserted island and you can only bring 11 items what would it be?
3. Who do you see yourself as 10 years from now?
4. Have you found your true passion and what is it?
5. Can you describe your fashion style?
6. Is it Female or Male whom you would consider to be easier to be friends with? Why?
7. Where is the ideal city for you to live? Why?
8. Which country or city is your favourite traveling destination? Why?
9. Which one is more appealing to you : Sea or Mountains?
10. What is your favourite movie?
11. What is your favourite skincare product? 

There it goes! Cannot wait to see the respond from the nominees! Got any cool blogs to be found? Please write it on the comments below, I'll be sure to check it out ;)

XoXo

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating me!!
    I want to visit South and North Korea as well! My reason to visit North Korea is pretty similar to yours. Hope someday it will be possible! *fingers crossed*

    ××
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...