3/22/2014

#FOTD : Feeling orangy rangy

Hey ho! It's been awhile since my last post. I completely forgot to use the auto scheduled publish! But anyway, it doesn't matter. I'll post my very 1st #FOTD now.

I have been curious about the NC/NW skin colour code because seems like everybody used it to describe their skin tone. So I searched on the web and I found out the answer and tried the test myself because I want to know what my skintone is. 

The result was : "Neutral Warm"
According to the articles Neutral Warm tone skin looks best wearing earthy colour such as : oranges, bronzes, golds, peaches, brick reds, earthy greens, mocha browns and ivory. Anything yellow based would look good for this skin tone.

This triggers me to try wearing yellow tone make up because all this time I believe that I looked like a sick person when I wore anything "orange", be that on eyeshadow or lipstick or even blusher. So I stick to the most safe colour : Pink.


Today is the first time ever I use orange tone make-up to match my outfit. The reason why is because I'm in need of a mood booster and orange always work.

This is my FOTD :

 

What I use:

Face
1. Etude House Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base #02 Berry Choux
2. Tony Moly Pure Aura CC Cream
3. Chanel CC Cream #20 Beige
4. Bourjois Bio Detox Foundation #02 Vanilla
5. Make Up For Ever Pro Finish #125 Beige Rose
6. Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Blush in Quickie shade

Eyes
1. Bourjois Smokey Eyes eyeshadow (6202) : light shade
2. Mac Eyeshadow Mulch
3. Bodyshop Eyeshadow Black
4. Etude House Drawing Show Eye Cream Single Shot
5. Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Mascara

Lips
1. The Faceshop My Lips Eat Cherry (orange)
2. Nyx Black Label Lipstick (Bling)
3. Bourjois 3d Effect Lipgloss

In the end I do feel this colour suits me well and my conclusion is warm bold colour would do for my skin. Pale ones will not.

What do you think? Have you found your best colour match? Would love to hear your thoughts! ;)

XoXo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...