3/15/2014

REVIEW : NYX Black Label Lipstick Bling Bling 191

I have been searching for a nude lipstick which colour fits me. Often times I found the colour would be "too dark" or "too pale" or "toning down the skin", but not this time thanks to NYX!

Bought this baby a month ago so I thought now this is the right time to write down a review based on my perspective (a very subjective opinion, I must say).

According to their website www.nyxcosmetics.com :
"A creamy, dreamy lipstick with a velvety smooth finish and hyper-glamorous shades for every look and every inclination. NYX's Black Label Lipstick has rich emollient properties that ensure that the color glides on and envelops your pout at the same time. From Extreme Red to Earthy to Hot Pink, Black Label Lipstick is available in a variety of lipsmacking hues "



Ok here's my take:

- Design

I really love the design of this lipstick. Taking the "hyper-glamorous shade" kudos to NYX team came out on the idea of using this colour scheme, shape, size, and the look of this beautiful lipstick. Thank God they ditched that boring black Round lipstick collection design (loved the font though, it's a plus) and decided to go this way (about time!)

This lipstick is coloured with a glittery  grey that catches the lights so it's reflected as if the lipstick is shiny and somewhat textured. The impression of it is glamour and just like a high end lipstick.

Look at that Sleek "NYX" logo and that black, pretty neat I think. The same goes to the font of the lipstick name. However I was hoping they would've made it more bold so we can read it clearly. It's kind of unpleasant to the eyes. 

Beauty!

Unfortunately on the top view it looks like they just like didn't really thought about it at all, just glued down a round printed sticker with the lipstick colour code number and the name on it. I mean, come on you can do better, NYX. Embossed font would be nice and classy, maybe?

Not a good move

Now let's talk about the decoration. I love it!! The transparent material on the bottom simply made this baby a sexy see through lipstick.  Pretty black lace on the 2/3rd bottom part is genius too! 

Another beauty to the eyes

But.. why would they put on that black colour on the inside? I wish it was the bling grey too. Not that I hate black, but for this concept I think the black should only be an accent on the glamorous grey.

 Another black :(

- Texture and colour

"A creamy dreamy lipstick with velvety smooth finish and hyper glamorous shade"

Swatch on my hand

The texture is somewhat indeed velvety but less opaque, on the other hand it's pigmented beautifully.  I love this lipstick, this is exactly what I've been looking for from a lipstick. Moisturised well, one layer will give a lip gloss like effect, and I can just add another layer to make it more intense. Here's the graphic

1. Bare lips
2. Added a layer of The Face Shop Lovely Me-Ex Lip tint (Why did I put a lip tint? Because my lips tend to pull down pigment on any lipsticks I use so it would appeared either darken or too pale from the real colour)
3. One layer of BLL 191 Bling NYX Black Label Lipstick
4. Three layers of BLL 191 Bling NYX Black Label Lipstick

-Staying Power

Not that good. The lipstick stained my mug after 1 hour wear. Usually after 3-4 hours I have to reapply it again. Well I don't mind though.


My take on this: 
For a IDR 130.000 price (on the counter), if I'm not mistaken, NYX Black Label Lipstick is a worthy purchase. Despite its higher price from the other NYX's lipsticks, I love it and definitely will repurchase again. 

Will I try another shade? OF COURSE!

Will I recommend this? DEFINITELY


Any thoughts? Drop your comments below! :)

XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...