1/04/2014

Review: New Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Eyeliner

Maybelline gel eyeliner has been in my make up bag for about 3 years. I have compared it with Revlon and Silky Girl which turned out to be not that great so I keep my Maybelline. Now they renew the formula, it is said to be better than the previous one. But is that true? 

I purchased this product about two months ago. All I can say is, I prefer the previous one because this one dried so fast (like soo fast I didn't get the chance to use all of it). 

Let's have a look 



1. Packaging. Well this one got me. Obviously they worked on their packaging design. It has a new sleek and modern feel, probably because the plastic material they use for the jar. The shape also eyecatchy with the black rounded cap with their logo written on white minimalis capital font (kinda remind me with shu uemura) and the cube like jar is neat! It is also lightweight, not like its predecessor which came on a rounded jar made of glass. 

For this point I gotta say I like the new one.

2. Applicator
Not much of a difference. Still the same old small brush. I wish they made it wider and flatter, that would be better.

For this point I go with the old one because of the zero change.


3. Texture
I have to say they made a slightly better gel texture. The first version was a bit more thick so it was a bit challenging to applied it on the eyelid.

I would go for the renew formula for this point

4. Formula
I'm talking about the pigmentation and the staying power. I don't like the staying power. I used it on my upper rim and it smudged after 3 hours :( 
Talking about the pigment,it is as black as the previous.



Conclusion?
If there is any chance I can get the previous version of this eyeliner, I would get that one. Lucky me I still have it on stock ^_^

I might give a shot for Etude, or maybe Bobbi Brown next time. What about you? Shout it out, I'd love to hear your comments ^_^ 

Thanks for dropping by and have a lovely Saturday night!

XoXo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...